(opp. bottom, foot)
(opp. bottom, foot)
- at the top: 在顶端
- at the top of: 在的顶上; 在…顶上
- be top: 领先
- She is in the top flight of journalists .
- Huge waves came crashing almost on top of us ..
- He gets commission on top of his salary .
- Bulky portion is tucked under top of cast .
- The cream rose to the top some time ago .
- situated at the top or highest position; "the top shelf"
- finish up or conclude; "They topped off their dinner with a cognac"; "top the evening with champagne"
- be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- cut the top off; "top trees and bushes"
- strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool) giving it a forward spin
- reach or ascend the top of; "The hikers topped the mountain just before noon"
- pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops"
- provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure); "the towers were topped with conical roofs"
- be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
同义词：exceed, transcend, overstep, pass, go past
- be ahead of others; be the first; "she topped her class every year"
- be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point; "A star tops the Christmas Tree"
- a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance; "he was afraid of a fire in the circus tent"; "they had the big top up in less than an hour"
同义词：circus tent, big top, round top
- a garment (especially for women) that extends from the shoulders to the waist or hips; "he stared as she buttoned her top"
- covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container); "he removed the top of the carton"; "he couldn''t get the top off of the bottle"; "put the cover back on the kettle"
- a conical child''s plaything tapering to a steel point on which it can be made to spin; "he got a bright red top and string for his birthday"
同义词：whirligig, teetotum, spinning top
- platform surrounding the head of a lower mast
- the greatest possible intensity; "he screamed at the top of his lungs"
- the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
同义词：peak, crown, crest, tip, summit
- the highest or uppermost side of anything; "put your books on top of the desk"; "only the top side of the box was painted"
同义词：top side, upper side, upside
- the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"
- the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist''s gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
同义词：acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop
- the first half of an inning; while the visiting team is at bat; "a relief pitcher took over in the top of the fifth"
同义词：top of the inning
A top (also called spinning top or spintop) is a toy that can be spun on an axis, balancing on a point.