音标：[ pleit ] 发音:
过去式: plated 过去分词: plated 名词复数: plates 现在分词: plating
- The brass plate must be adherent to the steel .
- The distillation column is provided with plates .
- The plates are insensitive to red light .
- The plate is kept in a locked cupboard .
- There was a queasy mess upon the plate .
- The plate hit the floor with a smash .
- The weight of this steel plate is one ton .
- The towers are surfaced with steel plates .
- She heaped chicken and ham upon her plate .
- She always melted down the plate she bought .
- a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
同义词：denture, dental plate,
- (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score; "he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
同义词：home plate, home base, home,
- dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- a shallow receptacle for collection in church
- structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
- the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- any flat platelike body structure or part
- a main course served on a plate; "a vegetable plate"; "the blue plate special"
- the thin under portion of the forequarter
- a rigid layer of the Earth''s crust that is believed to drift slowly
- the quantity contained in a plate
- coat with a layer of metal; "plate spoons with silver"
- plateとは意味：１plate n. (1) 皿; 料理のひと皿分; 食器類. 【動詞＋】 ◆I'm afraid I've broken a plate. 皿を割ってしまったようです ◆clean one's plate ひと皿を全部平らげる ◆clear (away) the plates (from the table) (テーブルから)皿を片づける ◆eat a plate of French fries ...