音标：[ rein ] 发音:
过去式: reined 过去分词: reined 名词复数: reins 现在分词: reining
- He dropped the reins and heaved on the brake .
- When she was gone i gave my fancy rein .
- He jogged the reins and the horse started up .
- Then, all of a sudden, he reined up his tired horse .
- He reined in to a jog .
- The reins and the breeches of the groom are glittering white .
- He gave rein to his fancy .
- He would soon be yielding the reins of power to younger men .
- The party drew rein .
- Nixon had reined me in; he had made me toughen our stand .
- one of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse
- any means of control; "he took up the reins of government"
- keep in check; "rule one''s temper"
- stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins; "He reined in his horses in front of the post office"
- stop or slow up one''s horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins; "They reined in in front of the post office"
- control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
同义词：harness, rein in, draw rein,