"what kept you so long?" brockway snapped from a wheelbarrow where he sat . “什么事情使你耽搁得这么久?”布罗克韦坐在一辆手推车上,怒气冲冲地问。
After innumerable comments, difficulties, and delays, the intricate tower was at length completed . 经过了好一番的批评,异议和耽搁之后,那座错综复杂的塔终于完成了。
Ships may be delayed by storms , air flights may be cancelled because of bad weather , but trains must be on time . 轮船可被风暴耽搁,空中飞行可因天气恶劣而被取消:但火车必须准时。
I travelled from toulouse to paris, and without any considerable stay came to calais, and landed safe at dover . 我从土鲁斯到巴黎,在那里没有耽搁多久,就到了加来,随后就在多维尔平安登陆。
We stayed no less than twenty days at pampeluna, when seeing the winter coming on, and no likelihood of its being better . 我们在潘佩卢那耽搁了不下二十天,眼看冬季已经到了,天气已经没有好转的可能了。
It may easily be supposed, that jeanie did not tarry long in adjusting herself to attend the summons, yet her feet almost failed her as she came downstairs . 不难设想,珍妮无须在楼顶上耽搁多久整顿装束以应召呼。然而她走下楼梯的时候双脚几乎站不稳了。
Phileas fogg found himself twenty hours behind time 斐利亚福克耽搁了二十小时。
We were held up for 5 minutes in a traffic jam 在交通阻塞中我们被耽搁了五分钟。
The meeting was delayed by the foulness of the weather 会议被恶劣的天气耽搁了。
The accident has set them back several weeks 那起事故以使他们耽搁了几个星期。