音标：[ stɑ:t ] 发音:
过去式: started 过去分词: started 名词复数: starts 现在分词: starting
- His criticism started me thinking seriously .
- He insisted that we should make a fresh start .
- He started to choke as he was eating too fast .
- He sympathized and started to hang up .
- I figured i was licked before i started .
- The telephone started drilling all of a sudden .
- An airplane started for dalian yesterday .
- I will start work again tomorrow morning .
- She personally started a training school .
- The balloons will start popping any minute now .
- the act of starting something; "he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
- a turn to be a starter (in a game at the beginning); "he got his start because one of the regular pitchers was in the hospital"; "his starting meant that the coach thought he was one of their best linemen"
- a sudden involuntary movement; "he awoke with a start"
- the advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race); "with an hour''s start he will be hard to catch"
- a signal to begin (as in a race); "the starting signal was a green light"; "the runners awaited the start"
- the beginning of anything; "it was off to a good start"
- a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
同义词：starting line, scratch, scratch line,
- the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
同义词：beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset,
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action; "We began working at dawn"; "Who will start?"; "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"; "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"; "He began early in the day"; "Let''s get down to work now"
同义词：get down, begin, get, start out, set about, set out, commence,
- set in motion, cause to start; "The U.S. started a war in the Middle East"; "The Iraqis began hostilities"; "begin a new chapter in your life"
同义词：begin, lead off, commence,
- play in the starting lineup
- bring into being; "He initiated a new program"; "Start a foundation"
- get off the ground; "Who started this company?"; "We embarked on an exciting enterprise"; "I start my day with a good breakfast"; "We began the new semester"; "The afternoon session begins at 4 PM"; "The blood shed started when the partisans launched a surprise attack"
同义词：start up, embark on, commence,
- get going or set in motion; "We simply could not start the engine"; "start up the computer"
- begin or set in motion; "I start at eight in the morning"; "Ready, set, go!"
同义词：go, get going,
- move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
- leave; "The family took off for Florida"
同义词：depart, part, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off,
- bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
同义词：protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out,
- begin work or acting in a certain capacity, office or job; "Take up a position"; "start a new job"
- begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object; "begin a cigar"; "She started the soup while it was still hot"; "We started physics in 10th grade"
- have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense; "The DMZ begins right over the hill"; "The second movement begins after the Allegro"; "Prices for these homes start at $250,000"
- have a beginning characterized in some specified way; "The novel begins with a murder"; "My property begins with the three maple trees"; "Her day begins with a workout"; "The semester begins with a convocation ceremony"
- startとは意味：１start n. 開始, 出発; 機先; 先発(権); 最初の部分; 始動; (驚いて)はっとすること, びっくりする出来事. 【動詞＋】 ◆cheer sb's start 人の出発を激励する ◆The start is fixed for 3 pm. (競走の)スタートは午後 3 時ということに決定している ◆He got a good start in life. 彼は幸先よく世間に出た ...
starting 中文, starting deck 中文, false start 中文, starting rail 中文, starting gate 中文, head start 中文, red start 中文, flying start 中文, starstruck 中文, starstrucks 中文, starstudded 中文, starstyle 中文, starsun 中文, start (off) [set out] on a journey 中文, start - stokey recording 中文, start a boiler 中文, start a business 中文,