音标：[ kən'trəul ] 发音:
过去式: controlled 过去分词: controlled 名词复数: controls 现在分词: controlling
- I am under almost total control of hormones .
- The shape of the control box is arbitrary .
- Financial controls were given priority .
- The other host of signal are control signals .
- At last the yearning grew beyond control .
- With an effort he controlled his temper .
- Air pollution control will be expensive .
- The lorry ran down the hill out of control .
- Sediments acted as a restricting control .
- Do not worry ; everything 's under control .
- the activity of managing or exerting control over something; "the control of the mob by the police was admirable"
- (physiology) regulation or maintenance of a function or action or reflex etc; "the timing and control of his movements were unimpaired"; "he had lost control of his sphincters"
- a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine; "the speed controller on his turntable was not working properly"; "I turned the controls over to her"
- discipline in personal and social activities; "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself"
- power to direct or determine; "under control"
- great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity; "a good command of French"
- a standard against which other conditions can be compared in a scientific experiment; "the control condition was inappropriate for the conclusions he wished to draw"
- the economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc.; "they wanted to repeal all the legislation that imposed economic controls"
- a spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance
- a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another; "measures for the control of disease"; "they instituted controls over drinking on campus"
- the state that exists when one person or group has power over another; "her apparent dominance of her husband was really her attempt to make him pay attention to her"
同义词：dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency,
- have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
同义词：see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, ascertain, assure,
- verify by using a duplicate register for comparison; "control an account"
- handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
- control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one''s advantage; "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn''t let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
同义词：manipulate, keep in line,
- exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces"
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
同义词：hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate,
- check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
- controlとは意味：１control n. 支配, 取り締まり, 管理, 監督; 抑制, 制御, 統制, 規制; 〔野球〕 制球力; 制御装置, 調整用つまみ. 【動詞＋】 ◆abolish price controls 価格統制を廃止する ◆achieve control of a municipal legislature 地方議会を掌握する ◆She became the majority shareholde...