1.〔常作 a pair of balances〕 天平，秤。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- For a long time his fate was in the balance .
- Airlift tipped the balance of the sieges .
- He lunged for it, lost his balance .
- It is our pleasure to submit the balance sheet ...
- I was still balancing the matter in my mind .
- a scale for weighing; depends on pull of gravity
- a wheel that regulates the rate of movement in a machine; especially a wheel oscillating against the hairspring of a timepiece to regulate its beat
- a weight that balances another weight
同义词：counterweight, counterbalance, counterpoise, equalizer, equaliser
- (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact reflection of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
同义词：symmetry, symmetricalness, correspondence
- harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design); "in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
- equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- the difference between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
同义词：remainder, residual, residue, residuum, rest
- equality of distribution
同义词：equilibrium, equipoise, counterbalance
- a state of equilibrium