- 更多例句： 下一页
- What about the rest of our country ?
- Let's just sit out here and rest a while .
- You may rest assured that i will do my best ..
- It rests with you to decide whether to go or not .
- She was laid to rest beside her late husband .
- freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
同义词：ease, repose, relaxation
- a support on which things can be put; "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
- a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
- something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
同义词：remainder, balance, residual, residue, residuum
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
同义词：eternal rest, sleep, eternal sleep, quietus
- a state of inaction; "a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon"
- a pause for relaxation; "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
同义词：respite, relief, rest period
- be at rest
- stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
- take a short break from one''s activities in order to relax
同义词：breathe, catch one''s breath, take a breather
- give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
- rest on or as if on a pillow; "pillow your head"
- sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
- not move; be in a resting position
- put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying; "Rest your head on my shoulder"
- be inactive, refrain from acting; "The committee is resting over the summer"
- be inherent or innate in;
- have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"