( stayed, 〔古美〕 staid)
- 更多例句： 下一页
- He stayed on at university to do research .
- I do not like you staying out so late .
- It makes no odds to me whether you go or stay .
- He tends not to stay in one place for very long .
- You must stay where you can not be seen .
- continuing or remaining in a place or state; "they had a nice stay in Paris"; "a lengthy hospital stay"; "a four-month stay in bankruptcy court"
- (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
- a thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- a judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted; "the Supreme Court has the power to stay an injunction pending an appeal to the whole Court"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
同义词：arrest, check, halt, hitch, stop, stoppage
- stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
- stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
- overcome or allay; "quell my hunger"
- fasten with stays
- stay put (in a certain place); "We are staying in Detroit; we are not moving to Cincinnati"; "Stay put in the corner here!"; "Stick around and you will learn something!"
同义词：stick, stick around, stay put
- remain behind; "I had to stay at home and watch the children"
- stop a judicial process; "The judge stayed the execution order"
- hang on during a trial of endurance; "ride out the storm"
同义词：last out, ride out, outride
- dwell; "You can stay with me while you are in town"; "stay a bit longer--the day is still young"
- continue in a place, position, or situation; "After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"; "Stay with me, please"; "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"; "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
同义词：stay on, continue, remain
- stay behind; "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"