- 更多例句： 下一页
- This state has been named "premunition" .
- But perhaps only the name is the same .
- I asked your father to put his name to a bill .
- I can not think of his name at the moment .
- A name could be removed at any time .
- by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
- a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
- a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there was no one to carry on his name"
- a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
同义词：figure, public figure
- a person''s reputation; "he wanted to protect his good name"
- determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
同义词：identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe
- give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
- make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
同义词：mention, advert, bring up, cite, refer
- give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
- assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
同义词：appoint, nominate, constitute
- charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
A name is a word or term used for identification. Names can identify a class or category of things, or a single thing, either uniquely, or within a given context.