2.(汽车等的)号码；第…，第…卷，第…期〔通常略作 No. (复数 Nos.)，用于数字之前〕。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- A number x is called an almost upper bound of a .
- There is no restriction [limit] on the number of people .
- Latin nouns have case , number and gender .
- We will number them from one to ten .
- A number of factors contribute to this .
- an item of merchandise offered for sale; "she preferred the black nylon number"; "this sweater is an all-wool number"
- a clothing measurement; "a number 13 shoe"
- the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals; "he had a number of chores to do"; "the number of parameters is small"; "the figure was about a thousand"
- the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural); "in English the subject and the verb must agree in number"
- a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification; "she refused to give them her Social Security number"
- the number is used in calling a particular telephone; "he has an unlisted number"
同义词：phone number, telephone number
- one of a series published periodically; "she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist''s waiting room"
- a symbol used to represent a number; "he learned to write the numerals before he went to school"
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
同义词：act, routine, turn, bit
- a select company of people; "I hope to become one of their number before I die"
- a concept of quantity involving zero and units; "every number has a unique position in the sequence"
- place a limit on the number of
- enumerate; "We must number the names of the great mathematicians"
- determine the number or amount of; "Can you count the books on your shelf?"; "Count your change"
同义词：count, enumerate, numerate
- give numbers to; "You should number the pages of the thesis"
- add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
同义词：total, add up, come, amount
- put into a group; "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members"
A number is a mathematical object used to count, label, and measure. In mathematics, the definition of number has been extended over the years to include such numbers as zero, negative numbers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and complex numbers.