- At that moment the Tainos realized that these were no gods.
- The Puerto Rican Indians, called Tainos, rebelled in 1511.
- About 50 years later, the Tainos there were extinct.
- Many Tainos fled to the mountainous region to escape slavery.
- They said the Tainos are extinct and we're all a blend.
- It's difficult to find tainos in a sentence. 用tainos造句挺难的
- Tainos on other Caribbean islands experienced a similar fate.
- The Tainos welcomed Columbus by showing him where to find gold nuggets in riverbeds.
- Hundreds of thousands Tainos living on the island were enslaved to work in gold mines.
- Tainos made masa from cassava and malanga.
- Tainos inhabited the islands of Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola and Puerto Rico when Columbus arrived.
- By 1500, the Tainos on the island provided Santo Domingo with most of its cassava.
- The Tainos were the indians living in Puerto Rico when Christopher Columbus discovered the island in 1493.
- Beeker says the Tainos may have cast the objects into the water as offerings to their gods.
- However, the Tainos were quickly defeated due to the Spaniards'better weaponry and war expertise.
- Within two centuries of Columbus'arrival the Tainos who inhabited the Caribbean had been slaughtered or enslaved.