音标：[ pɔ: ] 发音:
过去式: pawed 过去分词: pawed 名词复数: paws 现在分词: pawing
- Go and wash those paws before diner .
- The dog was howling -- its paw was hurt .
- There is a little man pawing him .
- He kept on pawing you .
- The animals learned to press switch levers with their paws .
- The cat can protract its paws .
- He pawed at the clothes hunched on a chair in their bedroom .
- The horses were pawing the ground in their impatience to start .
- In the middle of the table sat a little dog, shaking its paw and yelping .
- Paw prints were seen in a number of places and puma fur was found clinging to bushes .
A paw is the soft foot of a mammal, generally a quadruped, that has claws or nails. A hard foot is called a hoof.