(pl. knives )
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The handle of his hunting knife was neatly carved .
- On the top of the gallows is fixed the knife .
- She put a knife between his ribs .
- The knife gleamed wickedly in the moonlight .
- A terrible pain knifed his body .
- edge tool used as a cutting instrument; has a pointed blade with a sharp edge and a handle
- a weapon with a handle and blade with a sharp point
- any long thin projection that is transient; "tongues of flame licked at the walls"; "rifles exploded quick knives of fire into the dark"
- use a knife on; "The victim was knifed to death"
A knife (plural knives) is a cutting tool with an exposed cutting edge or blade, hand-held or otherwise, with or without a handle. Knife-like tools were used at least two-and-a-half million years ago, as evidenced by the Oldowan tools.