[ 'sentə ]发音: 用"center"造句
- center in: 以...为主题
- center on: 以…为主题; 以…为中心，集中于…
- in the center of: 在中心; 在中间
- He was a center of a political donnybrook .
- The strikers paraded through the city center .
- What is the instantaneous center of revolution ?
- His practice is in the center of the city .
- The information center gives out news regularly .
- of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually
- direct one''s attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
同义词：concentrate, focus, centre, pore, rivet
- move into the center; "That vase in the picture is not centered"
- center upon; "Her entire attention centered on her children"; "Our day revolved around our work"
同义词：focus on, center on, revolve around, revolve about, concentrate on
- a position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the jump that starts the game
- (American football) the position of the player on the line of scrimmage who puts the ball in play; "it is a center''s responsibility to get the football to the quarterback"
- the position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game
- a building dedicated to a particular activity; "they were raising money to build a new center for research"
- the piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher; "he hit the ball to deep center"
同义词：center field, centerfield
- mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace; "a good plaza should have a movie house"; "they spent their weekends at the local malls"
同义词：plaza, mall, shopping mall, shopping center, shopping centre
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process; "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
同义词：centre, nerve center, nerve centre
- the object upon which interest and attention focuses; "his stories made him the center of the party"
同义词：centre, center of attention, centre of attention
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor''s argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
同义词：kernel, substance, core, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- politically moderate persons; centrists
- the middle of a military or naval formation; "they had to reinforce the center"
- a place where some particular activity is concentrated; "they received messages from several centers"
- a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
同义词：centre, middle, heart, eye
- (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback; "the center fumbled the handoff"
- (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team
- (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team