- SET ＝safe electronic transaction 安全电子交易〔指用信用卡通过因特网支付款项的商业交易〕。n.
1.放；搁；贴；靠。 set a cup on the table 把杯子放在桌上。 set it against the wall 把它靠在墙上。 set eyes on 注视；碰见。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- We have also tried to set an example for others .
- He moved to leeds and set up as a printer .
- Leadership means setting an example .
- Barbicane was the first to set foot on dock .
- They set up a bronze statue to his memory .
- converted to solid form (as concrete)
- fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O''Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
- set down according to a plan:"a carefully laid table with places set for four people"; "stones laid in a pattern"
- (usually followed by `to'' or `for'') on the point of or strongly disposed; "in no fit state to continue"; "fit to drop"; "laughing fit to burst"; "she was fit to scream"; "primed for a fight"; "we are set to go at any time"
- situated in a particular spot or position; "valuable centrally located urban land"; "strategically placed artillery"; "a house set on a hilltop"; "nicely situated on a quiet riverbank"
同义词：located, placed, situated
- determined or decided upon as by an authority; "date and place are already determined"; "the dictated terms of surrender"; "the time set for the launching"
- being below the horizon; "the moon is set"
- arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
同义词：dress, arrange, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
- bear fruit; "the apple trees fructify"
- alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- set to a certain position or cause to operate correctly; "set clocks or instruments"
- put into a certain state; cause to be in a certain state; "set the house afire"
- make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
同义词：fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up
- get ready for a particular purpose or event; "set up an experiment"; "set the table"; "lay out the tools for the surgery"
同义词：set up, lay out
- equip with sails or masts; "rig a ship"
同义词：rig, set up
- become gelatinous; "the liquid jelled after we added the enzyme"
- estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- fix conclusively or authoritatively; "set the rules"
- decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
同义词：specify, determine, define, fix, limit
- establish as the highest level or best performance; "set a record"
- urge to attack someone; "The owner sicked his dogs on the intruders"; "the shaman sics sorcerers on the evil spirits"
- give a fine, sharp edge to a knife or razor
- put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
同义词：put, place, pose, position, lay
- insert (a nail or screw below the surface, as into a countersink)
- put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground; "Let''s plant flowers in the garden"
- fix in a border; "The goldsmith set the diamond"
- put into a position that will restore a normal state; "set a broken bone"
- apply or start; "set fire to a building"
- adapt for performance in a different way; "set this poem to music"
- locate; "The film is set in Africa"
同义词：localize, localise, place
- set in type; "My book will be typeset nicely"; "set these words in italics"
- disappear beyond the horizon; "the sun sets early these days"
同义词：go down, go under
- several exercises intended to be done in series; "he did four sets of the incline bench press"
- the act of putting something in position; "he gave a final set to his hat"
- any electronic equipment that receives or transmits radio or tv signals; "the early sets ran on storage batteries"
- representation consisting of the scenery and other properties used to identify the location of a dramatic production; "the sets were meticulously authentic"
- (psychology) being temporarily ready to respond in a particular way; "the subjects'' set led them to solve problems the familiar way and to overlook the simpler solution"; "his instructions deliberately gave them the wrong set"
- a relatively permanent inclination to react in a particular way; "the set of his mind was obvious"
- the descent of a heavenly body below the horizon; "before the set of sun"
- a group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used; "a set of books"; "a set of golf clubs"; "a set of teeth"
- (mathematics) an abstract collection of numbers or symbols; "the set of prime numbers is infinite"
- an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
同义词：circle, band, lot
- the process of becoming hard or solid by cooling or drying or crystallization; "the hardening of concrete"; "he tested the set of the glue"
同义词：hardening, solidifying, solidification, curing
- a unit of play in tennis or squash; "they played two sets of tennis after dinner"